The Hunter Youth Leadership programme is a 7 day journey of self discovery, open to Year 9 and Year 10 students. This programme sees students from across the Hunter come together in an environment that encourages personal growth and development through a series of outdoor challenges. The programme aims to provide an experience that:
- improves relationship skills
- improves self awareness and self management
- develops resilience, initiative and responsibility
- challenges self perceptions of overcoming difficulties
- improves appreciation of service and the value of doing something for others
Students travel to Tweed Valley in Northern NSW where they partake in a number of activities such as map reading and orienteering, bush walking, camping with no amenities, climbing and canoeing. As Outward Bound states “Our main objective is for students to get to know their self-imposed personal limits and extend them.”
Each year students who participate in this programme return with many exciting stories, a sense of accomplishment and positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Henry Wilkinson, Phoebe Smith, Jaidan Smolders, Pip Steedman, Mackenzie Barker, Madeline Buckley and Breanna Wise.
For further information on any of the above activities, email Director of Activities Mr Adrian Berry.