On Friday 13 March, we are inviting all grandparents to join us for the very special day we organise to bring them into our SGS community and show them what their grandchildren are up to at school. If grandparents are not able to attend, family friends, relatives and/or parents are most welcome to attend.
It’s always helpful for families with siblings to help grandparents to plan which classrooms to visit and in what order. We also know that many grandparents like to know how the day will roll, so we’ve outlined our planned activities and times for the day. We’ll be providing all grandparents with a programme and map when they arrive.
We’re encouraging Grandparents to arrive any time from 8.30am at the Kingdom Street Primary Entrance.
- Coffees and hot drinks will be available at The Grammar Grind Café 8:30-9:30.
- Assembly will start after the bell at 8.50am.
- They’ll be able to join their grandchildren in classrooms from 9-10am and again from 11.50am-12.30pm.
- Anyone with grandchildren at The Yellow Cottage can visit them from 9.30-10.30am.
- Morning tea will be provided 10-10.50am
- A concert for everyone will be performed from 10.50-11.50am
- The day will wrap up at 12.30pm, following the second classroom session.
- Lunch will be available on the deck at the Grammar Grind café. You’re also welcome to bring lunch for grandparents and students to share. Alternatively Grandparents can sign students out (in their relevant classrooms at the end of the last session) and take them out or home for lunch and the rest of the day.
- Students are welcome to leave after lunch (signed out with Grandparents) or stay until the end of the normal school day.
There’ll also be an option to have family photos taken throughout the day ($15 for 6×8 print) and a bookstall to peruse.
We are asking parents to RSVP and let us know how many family members will be coming. You will receive a notice on SkoolBag shortly.