Traditionally held on the first weekend in May.
Markets 9 am – 4 pm | Fete 11 am – 4 pm
Scone Grammar School, 60 Kingdon Street, Scone
Eftpos facilities are available at the fete for meals, rides, and sideshow alley purchases, along with many of the market stalls.
Our Scone Grammar School Fete traditionally has many market stalls, from handcrafted wares, fresh produce and homemade delights. Market holders can hire a space for the day along Kingdon Street and sell their wares!
Various lunch options are available, such as sausage and steak sandwiches, lamb wraps, sushi bowls, and nachos. Each food stall also sells cold drinks (water and soft drinks).
Sweet treats – A cake stall usually offers homemade cakes and slices. A Dutch Pancake van also often sells amazing pancakes.
Grammar Grind – (our Commercial SGS Cafe run by Year 11 and 12 Hospitality Students) will be open, selling coffees and drinks such as milkshakes and baked goods.
Fete Wristbands are available for $35 and will provide unlimited rides at our Scone Grammar School Fete. In 2023, rides include The Sizzler, Tea Cups, Dual Lane Inflatable, Mechanical Meltdown, Kidz Gym Inflatable and Atomic Rush Inflatable. Whilst they may not be exactly the same, these pictures provide an indication of what these rides are like.
Individual ride tickets were also be available on the day – The Sizzler $8 and other rides $6.
There were plenty of games to play in Side Show Alley. Tickets for side Show Alley games were $10 for 5 tickets or $2 each.
Talented Scone Grammar School musical students usually busk in various locations throughout the school during the fete from 11 am until mid-afternoon. Our choirs and string ensembles usually perform during the early afternoon.
Raffle Tickets are usually available online. In 2023 there was a $10,000 prize pool and here is a list of the prizes that were available.
Thank you to all businesses who have donated and supported this raffle.
- 1st Prize Aussie Ark – 2 nights accommodation for eight people plus 2.5 hour Devils in the Wild walking tour of the Aussie Ark.
- 2nd Prize The Royal Hotel Muswellbrook – 4-course meal for up to 10 people in the cellar, including wine.
- 3rd Prize Hollywalk Moonan Flat – 2 nights’ accommodation for 6 people & $100 dinner at the Moonan Flat Pub
- 4th Prize Scone Newsagency $1,000 gift voucher
- 5th Prize Aaron Henry Optometry $400 Gift Voucher + Serengeti Sunglasses
- 6th Prize Coral Hagan photography voucher – 60-minute sunset session with min. 30 edited photographs
- 7th Prize The Cottage Scone $400 voucher
- 8th Prize Scone Sports Store Child Bicycle
- 9th Prize Chrissy Rutter Photography & The Old Kodak Shop – 9 box photography session + frame
- 10th Prize Locks Hair Salon $200 voucher & $50 Hair Product package
- 11th Prize Skin & Beauty by Kylie $200 Gift Voucher & 3 products
- 12th Prize Plants on Main $200 Gift Voucher
- 13th Prize Green Seed Grocer $200 Gift Voucher
- 14th Prize Marsh Carney Saddlery $200 Gift Voucher
- 15th Prize Little Windmill Clothing $200 Voucher
- 16th Prize Minka Aesthetics $200 Voucher & 3 products
- 17th Prize Scone RSL Doncaster Restaurant $200 Gift Voucher
- 18th Prize Lux Health & Beauty $200 Voucher & products
- 19th Prize Amy’s School of Dance 1 Term of Fees
- 20th Prize Stronghold Pilates $100 voucher
- 21st Prize Melanies Jewellery Candle & Diffuser
- 22nd Prize Pet Medical $100 Pet Care Hamper
On behalf of the Scone Grammar School P&F Association, we would like to thank all our sponsors and raffle donors this year for supporting the 2023 SGS Fete. The cost involved to put on a Fete of this size is massive, and your sponsorship dollars and donations allowed us to secure fantastic rides, offer delicious gourmet meals, provide entertainment and prizes, and much more!
Bengalla Mining Company
Pukara Estate (Goodchild Family)
Gordon & Murray Meat Co (Goodchild Family)
Merriwa Petroleum & Ag Supplies (Llewelyn Family)
Tyrepower Scone (Joyce Family)
Farmer’s Wife Café, Willow Tree (Sevil Family)
Sledmere Stud (Murphy Family)
McGrath Estate Agents Upper Hunter (Patterson, Burke, & Sheldrake Families)
KS Law (Shann Family)
Hunter Equine Centre (Bester Family)
Okeview Pastoral (Parry-Okeden Family)
SBP Enterprises (O’Neill Family)
Hommus Factory, Hunter Valley (Chaina Family)
Chocolate & Moss